Open Position: Post Doctoral Fellow
Area of Focus: Nanomaterial Science
Job Description: A postdoctoral fellowship is available in the Group of Nanotechnogloy – USAL-Nanolab- (http://nanotech.usal.es/) at Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain. The candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team and work on a number of research projects on nanomaterial fabrication and nanolithography processing, electronic device development and characterization.
The candidate will be in charge of synthesizing nanomaterials including metal oxides and emerging 2D graphene and other 2D materials and characterizing them using state of the art analytical techniques. Experience with state of the art methods such as SEM, FTIR, Micro-Raman, MagnetoTransport characterization etc. is a must (at least two of these tecniques). He/She should be capable to choose the proper characterization techniques for each material, design the experimental protocols, execute the experiments, and submit reports on a timely manner.
USAL-NANOLAB is a leading Center in nanotechnology research with projects funded by UE, MINECO and industry in areas spanning across exposure and material science, nanoelectronics and environmental Nanotechnology.
Fellows at Universidad de Salamanca (est. in 1218) one of the oldest Universities in the world, are welcomed by a multi facet structure that provides them with opportunities to advance their careers through relevant training workshops, networking and seminars. Starting on January 1st, 2018 the fellowship has a duration of two years. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
- PhD or equivalent degree in Physics, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or closely related discipline.
- Experimental skills in graphene and 2D materiales fabrication (at least three of them) : 2D materials mechanical exfoliation, EBL, RIE/ICP etching, CVD, PECVD, ALD, MBE.
- Hands-on experience on materials characterization techniques ( SEM, FTIR, AFM Raman, XRD, Lowt-temperature magnetotransport, THz spectroscopy, THz imaging, High-frequency transport characterization, etc.).
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
- High quality first author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation.
- Ability to interact well with others.
Please submit your application to include a full CV and two recommendation letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Salamanca is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women and minorities are strongly encouraged.
We are an interdepartmental research group, developing several research lines in nanotechnologies and nanoscience. Nowadays we devote particular efforts to graphene and graphene related materials applications. Our facilities comprise a 120m2 Clean Room, and 150m2 for fabrication, characterization and instrumentation laboratories. Our aim is to provide also service in nanotechnology, processing and characterization to the Regional, Spanish and International scientific and technological communities.
We are registered as Unidad de Investigación Consolidada UIC 134 by the Junta de Castilla y León.
HOMENAJE A NUESTRO COMPAÑERO EL PROFESOR JOSÉ MARÍA CERVERÓ SANTIAGO CON MOTIVO DE SU JUBILACIÓN